How to execute a macro automatically when starting GoldMine Premium Edition from a specific shortcut.
Some users rely heavily on automated processes and other functions in GoldMine which must be manually started in some scenarios. When the action required can be preformed by a recorded macro, it is possible to execute this macro automatically upon launching GoldMine from a modified shortcut.
1. Record a macro in GoldMine Premium Edition which preforms the desired task. Make note of the day and time this was created.
2. Verify the macro works as expected.
3. Open the GoldMine\Macros folder on the GoldMine application server. Typically this is found in C:\ProgramData\GoldMine\Macros, but it is possible to install GoldMine to a custom location.
4. In the macros folder, locate the recently created macro. This will be saved as username.xyz, where the xyz is the number of the macro you have just recorded. The time and date modified is the easiest way to determine which macro file number to use.
5. Quit GoldMine using the FILE > EXIT method.
6. Locate the shortcut for GoldMine Premium that you want to automatically run this macro when used.
7. Right-Click the shortcut, and select PROPERTIES.
8. In the target field, edit as follows: "C:\Program Files (x 86)\Goldmine\gmw.exe" /m:xxx /u:MASTER where xxx is the number of the macro identified in step #4.
NOTE: The target path (contained inside the double-quotes) may be different for you, depending on how GoldMine Premium Edition was installed. Do not change the information inside the double-quotes, as it will cause the shortcut to no longer work.
9. Click OK to save changes.
10. Test by launching GoldMine Premium Edition from the modified shortcut.