GM is not accepting selection from F2 Lookup for SOURCE field when using "force input", for certain F2 values if there is not a space between the last character and the two backslashes.
[Steps to Prepare]
- In the source field, add a field entry of PBE//Powder Bulk Engineering (no spaces between PBE and //)
- In the source field, add another similar field entry of PBE ABC//Powder Bulk Engineering ABC (no space between ABC and //)
- In the F2 Field Setup, select "Force valid input"
- In contact record, edit Company field.
- Tab through the rest of the contact record.
- When it gets to Source field, select PBE//Powder Bulk Engineering.
If you keep trying to select or select the red X , it errors with "The source code requires a valid entry. Please select a value from the F2 lookup list or click NEW to create your own value for selection".
PBE//Powder Bulk Engineering and PBE ABC//Powder Bulk Engineering ABC are example data.
- Select the F2 lookup in the Source field.
- Select the field entry that you would like to edit (example: PBE//Powder Bulk Engineering)
- Select edit.
- In the F2 entry window, add a space between PBE and // .