How to keep people from rearranging the tabs in the bottom half of the GoldMine contact record screen?
- There is no way to accomplish this from within the GoldMine user interface.
- The tab order was not intended to be locked down.
- There is a method to partially lock down the tab order for non master users, however it is not 100% effective.
- This method does involve editing the gm.ini on the main application server, and thus should only be preformed by an administrator.
1. Locate the GM.ini file in the GoldMine application folder on the application server.
2. Open this file with NOTEPAD
3. In the GM.ini file, scroll to the bottom and add the following entry:
4. Enter the tab order you want behind the equals '=' symbol.
5. Save the document.
NOTE: If you do not know the tab order, you can set the tabs to the order you want in GoldMine, and then copy the tab order out of the username.ini file on the application server. The tab order entry will be in the [GOLDMINE] section, and typically looks like:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Users will still be able to change the tab order by clicking and dragging the tab to a new location. This is only a temporary tab order. When the user exits and restarts GoldMine, the tab order will revert back to what was specified in the steps above.