Navigation pane, recently viewed panes and / or detail view is missing for certain users for most areas within GoldMine - Work area view is not correct anymore, how can I reset the work area to the default view again?
- When a certain user starts GoldMine, the user is getting a completely destroyed or incorrect GoldMine work area view.
- For example the navigation pane and recently viewed pane is totally missing (not only minimized) and / or also the details view for Contact records, E-mail center etc does not even appear anymore.
- This affects usually only one user, but will appear on every machine the user is logging on with the user's GoldMine credentials
- In some occasions customers or partners already tried to reset the USER.INI but the behavior is still experienced
Sample Screenshots are for example:
missing Navigation pane and Recently viewed pane:
missing work area and details:
This is a corruption in the Frame Splitter setting for GoldMine which is stored in the ENVIRONMENT table in the row with NAME = 'cFrameSplitterCtrl' and USERID = 'XYZ'
1. Make sure to have a full running backup of the GoldMine database
2. Make sure that the affected user is logged out of GoldMine
3. Open directly on the database server the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
4. Browse to the GoldMine database
5. Browse to the Environment table
6. Right Click on the Environment table >> Edit Top 200 Rows
7. Either identify the specific row manually or adjust the SQL query as
SELECT TOP (200) NAME, VAL, USERID, PARENTRECID, RECTYPE, SYNC, recid
FROM Environment where NAME = 'cFrameSplitterCtrl' and USERID = 'XYZ'
(replace the XYZ with the appropriate GoldMine user name)
8. Delete the single line via right click >> Delete
9. Confirm the deletion
10. Verify the behavior via logging in as the user again into GoldMine >> the work area view is now reset to the default again.
Alternatively the Microsoft SQL DBA can submit via a New Query a delete query for the specific user's cFrameSplitterCtrl row in the Environment table.