The release notes of GoldMine Premium Edition 2014.2. Hotfix 1 state:
What's New in GoldMine 2014.2 Hotfix 1
Users of GoldMine Web can complete an unscheduled activity from the contact list or contact record. A Create History (checkmark) icon is available with the Schedule and Forecast Sale icons. This allows a user to add a completed Call, Action, or Event directly to History without first scheduling the activity.
This additional Create History Action icon does not appear on my Browser session although our GoldMine Administrator has confirmed on server side and I have verified on client side that I am on build 2014.2.0.531 or higher.
the device/browser cache still contains old files which let appear GoldMine Web Client with the old layout and not displaying the Create History icon
as the Release Notes states at the beginning: Note: ..... It may also be necessary to clear device/browser cache.
For this feature it is necessary to clear/reset the cache and below some helpful information for clearing browser cache on different browsers - although we recommend to clear all browsing data, in this case clearing the Cached images and files or also referred as temporary internet files would be sufficient.
- steps for Google Chrome >> https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95582
- steps for Safari 5.x for Windows >> http://browsers.about.com/od/56/ht/reset-safari-5-windows.htm
- steps for Safari on iPhones (iOS 7) >>http://support.apple.com/kb/PH17186 or http://browsers.about.com/od/howtousemobilebrowser1/ss/Manage-Browsing-History-Cache-Cookies-Passwords-In-Safari-For-iPhone-iOS-7.htm
- steps for Safari on iPads >> http://browsers.about.com/od/howtousemobilebrowser1/ss/safari-ipad-clear-cache.htm
- steps for Mozilla Firefox >> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
- steps for Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 >> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-delete-browsing-history-internet-explorer#ie=ie-11
the Create History (check mark) Icon will then be available