How to get a user's Contact Groups back if the user has been deleted in GoldMine
NOTE: Contact Groups are stored on the ContGrps table in SQL and each Group is associated to a Userid (username) it was created or cloned under. As long as the database still contains the Contact Groups in this table and are still associated to the deleted User, the steps below will be successful.
1. Login as a Master User
2. Click Tools > User's Settings
3. In the user list, click New
4. Enter the deleted user's old Username exactly as it was before
5. Enter the user's Full Name
6. Click OK to save
7. Click Tools > Groups
8. Choose their Username in the View Groups: drop down menu
9. All of their Groups should now be listed
NOTE: If the User account in which the groups were created under is no longer needed, it is advised to clone these to the (Public) account for all users to access and delete the user to maintain data integrity.
1. Right click on the group
2. Select Clone
3. Change the User: drop down to (Public) (any user can be chosen in the drop down, however (Public) would give all user's access to the groups).
4. Check the Box to Synchronize Group if you have any undocked users doing synchronization
5. Click OK
6. In the main View Groups drop down you should be able to view (Public) and see the newly cloned group