When creating a new contact in GoldMine you find that when tabbing between the fields the cursor will randomly jump around the screen in no specific order. Is there a setting that controls the tabbing between fields in a contact record?
The Tabbing between the fields is controlled via the following settings.
- Log in to GoldMine with MASTER rights
- Right Click a Field label > Properties
- Click the layout tab
- Review the Position Value
- The Position value sets the order in which you tab through the fields.
- Starting at position 0 ascending.. (For Example 0,1,2,3,4, ....)
You can also review this information from the Record Types Administration Center
- Tools > Configure > Record Types
- Expand primary Field Views
- Click on a primary field view and in the right window you will see the Field information in a grid view.
- Review the POS column to see the field position values
- If a value has the same number then GoldMine will select these fields one after the other then go to the next number in the numeric sequence.
- Clicking the Column header will order the number in either ascending or descending order for easier viewing.