- GM+View Template with password validation for opening a website, for example an internal intranet site which should be used only by certain users
- Only certain users should have access to certain GM+Views, for example to open internal websites to review or change contact related data.
- Current GoldMine versions do not have the possibility to restrict GM+View screens User related and NOT contact related
- This is RM # 100241
- Wherever available it is recommended to rather secure for example the target website with a password as those methods usually are more secure and provide more flexibility, than a GM+View.
- The following sample for a GM+View template where users first need to enter a password before continuing, (for example an internal website) is provided only as-is without any warranty of any kind.
- GoldMine Technical Support does not assist any further with the sample template, for example when experiencing any issues or any amendments are desired.
- It was tested in GoldMine Premium Edition 2014.2 and 2015.1 with Internet Explorer 11 with master and non master rights.
- The required password is set as a default value, here 'access' and can be adjusted within the txt file via copy and paste
- When the user enters a wrong password a message will appear 'You did not enter the correct password. Please try again!'
- When the user enters the matching password a message will appear (which can be adjusted to be suppressed) 'Password correct, press OK and Google.com will appear in a new browser window'
- Please keep in mind that users with master rights can easily identify the set password by looking into the GM+View Template (code)
- Users with no master rights do not have the possibility to review the code or GM+View template details from the GoldMine GM+View interface(s).
[STEPS TO IMPORT THE SAMPLE TEMPLATE]
- In GoldMine Premium Edition lower than 9.2.0 these GM+Views need to be created manually
1. Download the attached text file <<Password GM+View.txt>> and open it with Notepad.
2. Log in with Master rights.
3. Web > Setup GM+View.
4. New Button
5. Template Name for example Password GM+View
6. Click into the body
7. Click the Icon <H> from the Toolbar
8. Copy and paste the content of the matching text file
9. Icon <H> from the Toolbar
9. Icon Save (yellow disk) from the Toolbar
10. The content should come up and a text should appear in the window
11. On a contact record > GM+View and select and test the new created GM+View
- In GoldMine Premium Edition 9.2.0 and higher these GM+Views can either be created manually by the above steps or imported.
1. Download the attached text file <<Password GM+View.txt>> and rename its file extension from txt to html
2. Log into GoldMine with Master rights
3. Web > Setup GM+View
4. Import Button
5. Browse to the HTML file (Password GM+View.html)
6. A message appears that the template was imported successfully