GoldMine Mobile (GMME) - Cannot drill down on Primary Contacts in GoldMine Mobile once the contact record has any phone number.
[STEPS TO PREPARE]
- Global Support recommend using a demo database.
1. Log in with a master user
2. Tools > Configure > Record Types
3. Expand Primary Field Views
4. Right Click on Main View > Clone
5. Name = Main2
6. Enter (a new Primary View Main2 will appear in the list)
7. Highlight the view Main2
8. In the right upper pane > Click on the column DB Name (this will sort the list alphabetically)
9. Highlight the row with EXT1 > Right click > Delete > Confirm the deletion
10. Repeat step 9 also for EXT2, EXT3 and also EXT4
11. Expand the Record Types
12. Right Click on Other > Clone
13. Record Type Name = Main2, in Primary Field View select Main2 from the drop down list, activate Set as Default Record Type, everything else can be left as default
15. In the Record Types Administration Center's Toolbar > Apply changes icon (last icon in the row)
16. Reset IIS
[STEPS TO REPRODUCE]
1. Create a new record
2. Company = Test record w phone, Phone1 = 1234567890 , Record Type (Key1) = Main2
4. Create a new record
5. Company = Test record wo phone, Phone1 = blank , Record Type (Key1) = Main2
7. Start GoldMine Mobile (GMME)
8. Tap Contacts
9. All Contacts
10. 'Testrecord w phone' and 'Testrecord wo phone' should appear at the top of the list
11. Try to drill down into 'Testrecord wo phone'
The 'Testrecord wo phone' will be opened without any issue and the contact data is displayed as expected
12. Try to drill down into 'Testrecord w phone'
The 'Testrecord w phone' will not be opened at all it appears as if nothing happened and the contact data will never be displayed
- This is RM issue # 220804
- The reason why this happens is that GMME requires currently the EXT fields on the primary views as GMME considers both fields the PHONE + EXT field as the complete Phone number for a contact record.
- The current workaround/resolution is to put the EXTx fields back onto the screens/views
1. Make sure to have a full running backup of the GoldMine database
2. Although technically not necessary it would be recommended that this is done while no one is logged into GoldMine Premium Edition
3. Log in with Master rights
4. On a contact record in the top part >> verify that on the current view contains the fields EXT1, EXT2,EXT3 and EXT4. If they are not included then
a. Right Click > New Field (this opens the screen designer and at the bottom right the Place Field window)
b. Open the drop down and scroll down to the ext1 field
d. The field Ext1 appears usually in the middle of the screen (might be in the Fields tab)
e. Drag the Ext1 field to the primary view
f. Double click on it, this will open the Field Properties dialog (if applicable make some changes e.g. to rename the label etc)
h. Either via the Designer window (this is still active on the right bottom)> New or again right Click and New Field
i. Repeat the same steps for the remaining EXT fields which are missing on the screen
j. Once you have taken care of the current screen and the EXT1-EXT4 fields are back on the screen
5. Right Click in the top part of the Contact record (Primary View) > Select Primary Fields > Select the next Primary view in the list
6. Repeat step 4. (and if applicable 4.a.-4.j) and step 5.
In the end the EXT1-EXT4 fields need to be back on all available primary screens
7. Exit the Designer
8. Restart IIS
9. Verify the behavior in GoldMine Mobile.
- While the EXT fields need to be on the primary views there are possibilities to hide it from the screen for example via Hiding fields and values >> Please refer to the Online help for further information via Help >> GoldMine Help >> Administration Guide > Customizing GoldMine > Customizing Field Typing > Hiding Field Labels and Values