Can the size for the new contact creation window in GoldMine Premium Edition be changed? When using a smaller monitor with a resolution like 1024x768, often the default used wide view for a new contact record creation window in GoldMine Premium Edition is larger than the actual screen.
The size of the New Record window cannot be re-sized manually, but there is a way to adjust the amount of information included in the new contact window, and this does change the overall size.
The end result is that it is very possible to make the new contact record window fit better on a 1024x768 resolution monitor.
1. Log into GoldMine as a user with MASTER rights.
2. Click TOOLS > CONFIGURE > RECORD TYPES.
3. Expand RECORD TYPES.
4. Right Click the Record Type that you wish to change the New Record layout for, and select EDIT.
5. In the Record Type Settings window, select the check box for 'New Record dialog uses different field layout'
6. Choose the new layout in the New Record Layout drop-down menu. (In testing, the default 'Main View' fits well on a 1024x768 screen)
7. Click OK.
8. In the navigation pane, click on a different record type than what is currently selected.
9. Click the APPLY CHANGES button.
10. Test the results by creating a new contact record, using the new Record Type selected in step 6.