The required software for the reporting service was installed on a server. At the end of the configuration the following error occurs:
This issue does not apply to HEAT 2014.2.1 and later releases!
- Install MS SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) on Heat Application Server
- Install Heat Reporting Service on Heat Application Server
- open "system configuration wizard " on the Heat application Server and complete Point 6 as described in the HEAT_Install_Deploy_Guide.pdf starting from Page 65.
- open http://localhost/reports (default webpage for MS SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS)
- create new data source and name it e.g. "HEAT"
- select data source type: "Microsoft SQL Server"
- add connection string in this format:
Data Source=DBSERVERNAME; Initial Catalog=HEATDBNAME
use SQL credentials e.g. "sa"
- create folder "Workspace" and open it
- create folder "http://HEATserver/HEAT" (tenant name) and open it
- create folder "Reports"
- now click on "Upload file" -> browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\FrontRange Solutions\HEAT\ReportingServices\reportProvisioning\Reports and select e.g. "Incident Trend"
- click on right side dropdown of the published report and select "manage"
- select on the left menu "Data source" and then click on "browse" to select your new shared data source "Heat"
- click apply on bottom of page
- open browser and log into "config db" with "admin" user
- select your tenant
- open 3rd tab "Reports" and add your heat servername and the SQL user e.g. "sa" and it's password
- open now "HEAT DB" as Admin
- in the Admin dashboard part "Report List" on the right side open the "Incident Trend" report.