Knowledge Search Results Layout Configuration

Version 4

Verified Product Versions

LANDESK Service Desk 2016.x

Prior to Service Desk 7.25 it was not possible to alter the appearance or layout of the list of search results which was returned after having performed a Knowledge Management search.  From 7.25 and onwards it is possible to manually alter a file called KnowledgeResults.css which gives you the option to change colours, font's and allignments of the attributes included in the results.

The KnowledgeResults.css file itself can be located in the LANDesk\LANDesk ServiceDesk sub folders of the install directory.  (In ServiceDesk 7.25 it will be found in the Touchaper Software\Console sub folder).

I've attached a pdf showing an example of a standard knowledge results screen and one that I've altered.

I've altered the screen by editing the knowledgeresults.css file as per this article It's a good idea to take a copy of this file before you start playing around as always.  Then I've increased the size, colour and font type of the results displayed.  I've also added a different graphic to indicate each type of record shown in the results.  You do this by locating the object in object designer, looking at the properties and then picking the graphic you want from the "image" property.  I've just used some of the standard images that we supply with serviceportal and which are installed under \wwroot\inetpub\serviceportal\images as a default.  You can then play around with the size of the graphic in the display by editing the knowledgeresults.css.

UPDATE

From version 7.3.2  onwards there is a more comprehensive guide to what is available to change within this .css file.  See the knowledgemanagement.pdf under the section Configuring the appearance of your search results.