Have at least one user group available for example Sales and Marketing
1. Tools > Groups
2. New Group
3. Open the drop down for the User:
- It is only possible to select a real User name or (public)
First possible workaround:
- Name your contact groups in such a way as to identify which user group would be interested in those contacts.
- The Name field can then be sorted to group together the contact groups of interest to a particular user group.
- In the following example the user groups are Marketing and Sales.
- Name the contact groups whatever you want, and enter the user group name in the Code field.
- The Code field can then be sorted to group together the contact groups of interest to a particular user group.
- In the following example, the user groups are Marketing and Sales.
Note: There's an 8 character limit on the Code field. Longer user group names my have to be abbreviated.
Third possible workaround:
- Determine one single user of your user group under which the certain contact group should be stored.
- The above workarounds maybe also applied to this scenario, as the user may have also his/her own contact groups.