- How do I adjust the session time out for GoldMine Connect? There used to be a option in GMPE to do this however after upgrading this option is gone.
1. Locate the Web.config file for GoldMine Connect. If you have installed GM Connect to a default location, you can file this at "C:\Program Files (x86)\GoldMine Connect"
2. Open this file using a text editor such as the Windows Notepad.
3. Inside the Web.config, locate the following sections "<sessionState timeout="30"></sessionState>"
4. By default the setting is "30" which is 30 minutes, changed this value to your desired time out. Note the limit here is 99 minutes or 1 minute.
NOTE: it is suggest this value should never be less than 5 minutes, and no longer than 60 minutes.
5. Once you have updated this value, please save the file.
6. This setting becomes active the next time the user signs in to either GMME or GMWEB.
- This setting does not overrule the carrier’s settings , depending upon the carrying technology, some carriers do not allow both telephone and data connections simultaneously.
- This setting does not overrule phones which do not support both a call and simultaneous data connection.