The available Status values for a Change record are determined by the current Status. There may be a need to change the default process flow, for example to allow a user to set the record back to Logged after it has already progressed to Requested. By default, this option is not available.
To modify the State Transition flow for Change, you can follow these steps:
- Log into the Admin role
- Select Configure Application
- Select Business Objects
- Select Change
- Select Fields
- Select Status
- In the Validation section, click Values next to the Pick List
- Click Add
- There are three values required; for this example, we will allow Logged to be selected when the record is in Requested status
- For Next Status; choose Logged
- For Current Status; choose Requested
- For Sort Order, enter 20. This determines the order the values appear in the drop down list.
- Click Save
- Click Close