When attempting to access GoldMine Web, page shows: Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request. GM Connect logs show: Error, failed to get GoldMine mobile's configuration's path., System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Cannot find .ini file by G:\Apps\GoldMine\gm.ini whereby G: is a mapped drive
This is due to an improper use of a mapped network drive within GoldMine's configuration.
either a SYSDIR or REALINI entry is pointing to a gm.ini file through a mapped network drive path, where a UNC path should be used.
It is important to confirm first that the main GoldMine application folder on the GoldMine application server IS in fact shared via a UNC path. To confirm the directory that should be shared:
1. Log into GoldMine Premium Edition on the server or any networked workstation.
2. Click on HELP>>ABOUT GOLDMINE.
3. Click on the SYSTEM button.
4. Check the 'System Files' listing in this window.
Follow the steps below to check and correct any improper configurations:
1. Open the file gm.ini on the application server. this is located in C:\ProgramData\GoldMine by default.
2. Check the following entries for paths using a mapped network drive, and replace with the correct UNC shared path:
3. If a 'Realini=' entry does exist, this must be followed to ensure the path is correct, as this indicates the actual main server installation is elsewhere.
4. If the GoldMine Connect installation is separate from the main application server, both server installations will have a gm.ini file that should be reviewed.
5. After any changes are saved, restart IIS on the server with GM Connect installed.
6. Test the behavior by attempting to access GoldMine Web.