GoldMine Web (GMWEB) 2015.1 HF 2 and higher - How to identify in which Contact Set database GoldMine Web is currently?
- The current opened contact set within GoldMine Web is always the last opened Contact Set database (from the USER.INI > COMMONDIR entry if available) and only when the user never opened GoldMine Premium Edition, there is only one single contact set or the USER.INI's COMMONDIR entry was removed then the COMMONDIR entry from the GM.INI is used instead.
- Up to GoldMine Connect 2015.1 Hot fix 1 it was not possible for a user to identify which contact set database GoldMine web is currently using, so that a workaround could be used as described in related Knowledge Article # 16836.
- Since GoldMine Connect 2015.1 Hot fix 2 (build 2015.1.0.375 and higher) it is possible to identify the view page source to determine the GoldMine Base and Contact Set database aliases currently in use.
1. log in to GoldMine Web
2. Right Click on any of the GoldMine Web pages
a. In Google Chrome: View Page Source
b. In Mozilla Firefox: View Page Source
c. In Internet Explorer: View Source
d. In Safari: View Source
3. When the web page's code is displayed the user can find at the beginning (usually 6th line) of the <head> definition the following entry
<!-- GoldMine Files: GMPEUSBlank: -->
<!-- Contact Files: GMPEUSBlank: -->
- While it would be sufficient only to open the GoldMine Web, web site in order to see the GoldMine Connect Version, it is necessary to log into GoldMine Web for getting the information about the GoldMine Base and Contact Set database aliases currently in use otherwise only the version will be displayed