Error "Database Operation Error: String or binary data would be truncated" whenever users try to create a new
email address/web site or edit an existing one.
A SQL trigger exists on the dbo.CONTSUPP table within the GoldMine database 'XL_CSLOG_TR'. This is a remnant
trigger of the now redundant GISME product
1. This error can also appear when creating a new contact record populating the email and/or web site fields
- a contact record will create after acknowledging the error, but the above field values will not populate
It is suggested that you have all users log out of GoldMine and that a verifiable SQL backup is made of your GoldMine database.
1. Open SQL Management Studio
2. Expand Databases
3. Expand the default GoldMine database
4. Expand Tables
5. Expand the CONTSUPP table
6. Expand triggers
7. Highlight the XL_CSLOG_TR > right click > delete the trigger