- Every morning when GoldMine is launched users receive the following error message.
"Waiting For Permission to Log in"
- After renaming the file back to LicenseGMx.Bin (as per knowledge base article #10861) GoldMine works but the next morning the license file is renamed again to LicenseGMx.bix and the above error occurs.
- The initial cause of the License file being renamed is the same as knowledge base article #10861, where maintenance has failed and the license file as not been renamed. So the initial resolution is to just rename the License back to a .BIN file extension.
- However the root cause of why maintenance is running in the first place needs to be addressed.
- Open the GM.ini file located in the GoldMine root directory where the LicenseGMx.bin file is also located.
- Verify if there is an [AutoMaintain] section
- If there is this means that Automatic maintenance has been set
- Please check with your GoldMine system administrator if this is still required as Global Support do not recommend that GoldMine Maintenance been run on SQL databases unless requested by a member of the Global Support team. Instead we recommend setting a SQL maintenance plan. (Please speak to your SQL Database administrator or GoldMine Solutions Partner regarding SQL maintenance plans).
- If the Automatic maintenance is not required this section of the GM.ini file can be removed.
- Once removed have all users restart the GoldMine application for this change to take effect.