Opportunity Dashboard - Why do some 'Won' opportunities still show in the Stage area as 'Won' opportunities are expected to have a Stage of (Closed - Won)?
[STEPS TO REPLICATE]
1. Go To >> Dashboards
2. Sales >> Opportunity Dashboard
3. Select the criteria as desired and in Status to Won
One or several Opportunities show with Stages for example 70 - Making Decision which is unexpected as Won Opportunities usually have the Stage (Closed - Won).
- The (Closed - Won) / (Closed - Lost) Stage will be only used by GoldMine when the user is 'completing' an Opportunity via the Right Click > Win or Lose feature on the list view of the Opportunity
- This feature provides a Properties: Opportunity popup window similar to a completion window for activities. Within this dialog, GoldMine will finally
a. update the Status, Stage, the Probability. complete the Forecasted sales/amount automatically, depending on the chosen Win/Lose option
b. By default complete all incomplete Tasks, all pending activities, all open issues of the opportunity (this can be adjusted on the Wrap Up tab of the Properties: Opportunity dialog
- When the user simply changes the Status to Won or Lost in the Opportunities Detail view, no automatism triggers and the user is responsible for changing and completing any necessary items manually.
No other fields or activities were updated, and only the Status was set to Won
For the Dashboard view this means the Opportunities which show still a different than (Closed - Won) were updated manually and the user did not adjust the Opportunity yet.
When the user manually set the Status of the Opportunity already in Won or lost Status, the Right Click > Win or Lose is greyed out, the user needs either to change the Status again into an open state or manually change the desired Opportunity areas (like Stage, complete forecasted sales etc)