Why are Outlook folders/items included in Universal Search or what are Personal Folders in Universal Search Results?
When searching for certain values in Universal Search, I am getting for example the following results
From where do these Personal Folders come from or why does GoldMine Universal Search also show results from Outlook mailboxes?
- The GoldMine Universal Search includes / is based on the Microsoft SQL Server's Full text search and also Microsoft Windows Desktop Search Engine, which can instantly find documents, e-mail, attachments, and more.
- The Microsoft Windows Desktop Search Engine is the same feature which is for example used when opening the Start >> Search programs and files (here on Windows 7)
- Within GoldMine Universal Search feature the setting to turn off or on for searching also within the local Microsoft Outlook is available from
1. Go To >> Universal Search
2. Check the Advanced Check box
3. Button Options
4. Tab Documents
5. Determine if and which items from the local Windows index should be included into the GoldMine Universal Search - This provides also the option to include or exclude Microsoft Office Outlook
Further information which is provided by GoldMine Technical Support only as-is and without any warranty of any kind can be found on the below threads. Please keep in mind that any non GoldMine or non Heat Software links are only provided as-is and content and availability may change at any time without any notice
Microsoft Outlook 2013 and higher dropped the possibility to search from the File Explorer or Windows Start Menu, therefore results from the usual search methods and Universal Search might be different. File Explorer/Start Menu search should not find any Outlook items anymore while Universal Search will find these items.
An example therefor demonstrate the following screenshots:
For further information please refer to https://www.msoutlook.info/question/748