How do I permanently hide the Gant chart from the project or the opportunity manager >> Task tab?
Example use if the end user does not need to see this data on the project screen or has increased the computer's default font size and the chart is taking up a large amount of the screen.
Note: This setting is a per user setting, and must be manually added to each user's personal ini file.
1) Log out the user who needs this change.
2) Locate that user's personal ini file (example JON.INI) on the shared GoldMine path where also the LicenseGMxx.bin resides
3) Open this file using a text editor, such as Windows Notepad.
4) Locate the section called [OpMgr] when the change is for the Opportunity Manager and/or [ProjMgr] when the change is for the Project Manager
5) In this/these sections add the following on a new line: ShowGant=0
The entry may look like
6) Save the file and close the text editor.
The next time the user logs into GoldMine the Gant chart will not show anymore.