GoldMine displays multiple time the identical contact record in the Contact Search Center, although the contact record is only once in Goldmine and therefore it should appear only once in the Contact Search Center.
[STEPS TO REPLICATE]
1. Go To >> Search >> Contact Search Center (alternatively double click on current contact field e.g. contact)
2. Search for a contact record
The contact records appears several times in the list although it exists only one time in the database
The CSC (Contact Search Center) was setup to display also the Email address and Website. There should be only one primary Email address and only one primary website available for a contact record but e.g. from back end imports, back end manipulation or even a former issue within GoldMine import), it is possible that several email addresses or websites are set as primary (CONTSUPP->ZIP->second character 1 for primary/0 for other) email address or website.
As the CONTSUPP table (e.g. email addresses, additional contacts etc.) has a n:1 relation to the CONTACT1 table (primary contact record data), GoldMine will display 1 row for each entry marked as primary email address or as primary web site tied to the contact record. This is a logical consequence of the underlying query.
>> although it is recommended that a GoldMine administrator or a partner verifies and corrects possible duplicate primary email addresses or primary web sites the easiest resolution for a GoldMine user is to remove the Email address and/or Website from the CSC (Contact Search Center) default columns. Many times these columns are not necessary in the default column selection and searching by email address or website is still available by right click on email address or website >> Lookup Email or Lookup Website or alternatively to change the Search by field to Email address or Website.
[STEPS TO REMOVE THE COLUMNS FORM CSC]
1. Go To >> Search >> Contact Search Center (alternatively double click on any primary contact field e.g. contact)
2. Button Columns
3. Tab Column Selection
4. Highlight the Email address and remove via the <-- arrow the column from the Selected columns
5. if applicable repeat step 4. for the Web Site
6. Verify the behavior again
- if now still duplicate rows appear for the identical contact record, the CONTACT2 table may have duplicate rows for the specific contact record which indicates a data corruption in the database as CONTACT1 table (primary contact fields) and CONTACT2 table (user defined fields) have a 1:1 relation.