When you make changes to a Definition Set that affect the Business Process Engine it is necessary to update the schema utilized.
To update Business Process Schema do the following:
Part 1 - Export the schema to the following location (typically on the c:drive or installation drive if other than c:)\
1. Open Service Management Administrator.
2. Select Common Tasks >> Generate Schema
Export to C:\Program Files\FrontRange Solutions\Service Management\BPEngine\config\fusion.xsd
3. Exit Service Management Administrator
Part 2 - Import the schema
1. Open the Business Process Designer
Start >> All Programs >> Frontrange Solutions >> ITSM >> Business Process Designer
2. File >> Import
3. Select the File Name - fusion.xsd file (middle column 2nd entry)
4. Press the button ... and navigate to the C:\Program Files\FrontRange Solutions\Service Management\BPEngine\config\ folder
5. Select the fusion.xsd file and open.
6. Select Ok
Part 3 - Import the quick actions and searches.
1. Select Tools >> Search Center.
2. Select the database and login
3. Close the search Center. You will see a "reloading imports" progress bar
4. Repeat the above 3 steps for the Quick Action Center.
5. Exit the Business Process Designer.
Part 4 -
1. Restart the bp service.
2. Perform an IIS Reset.
3. Examine the Event Viewer to assure that there are no unexpected errors.