The procedure entry point PropMgrClient_LookupProp could not be located in the dynamic link library OLEACC.dll. when typing/dictating into the Login screen when using Nuance DragonNaturally Speaking Software.
- have Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking v.13 installed, configured and up and running
- this seems to affect primarily Windows 7 operating systems
- this seems to be only replicable in GMPE 2014.2 Hot Fix 4 and higher (most likely due to the addressed RM issue 149488 - GoldMine will sporadically crash with event viewer error referencing oleacc.dll when mouse cursor is moved over main menu items)
[STEPS TO REPRODUCE]
1. Activate Dragon NaturallySpeaking Software
2. Start GoldMine with the log on window
3. Place cursor into the Username field and start dictating the username (same applies for the password)
Usually an error message appears "The procedure entry point PropMgrClient_LookupProp could not be located in the dynamic link library OLEACC.dll." after clicking through a possible series of identical errors GoldMine will start normally and can be used without any further issues.
- This is RM # 231789
- Setup the GoldMine Icon on the Windows Desktop, Windows Task bar or Start Menu with the Username and password switch for GoldMine - "C:\Program Files (x86)\GoldMine\gmw.exe" /u:master /p:access
replace master with the desired username
replace access with the username's password
See also related Knowledge Articles # 13637 - GoldMine command line option / switches and # 11271 - How to set the GoldMine Login name for a workstation so that the users name shows by default.
I. the User name option/switch u
Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\GoldMine\gmw.exe" /u:master
Description: Fills in automatically the set user name in the log on screen when starting GoldMine
Usage: e.g. when the Windows user name is different than the GoldMine user name >> when starting GoldMine the user name shows the Windows user name and the user needs to manually fill every time the GoldMine user name is blank
Notes: When the GoldMine user does not have a password set within GoldMine the application will log in the user straight away with this command line option/switch
Related Knowledge Article: #11271 - How to set the GoldMine Login name for a workstation so that the users name shows by default.
II. the password option/switch p
Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\GoldMine\gmw.exe" /u:master /p:abc123
Description: Fills in automatically the set password in the log on screen when starting GoldMine
Usage: e.g. for test environments where no security concerns arise when the password can be seen in plain text on the short cut icon, also used when GoldSync is setup as a Service automatically and usually also when the GoldMine Administrator sets up the GoldSync in silent mode as an application (see below the s switch)
1. Log out of GoldMine at the workstation