We have a requirement to make the ProfileLink in Incident non-editable once the record has been submitted. Is there a way to make the Customer link field read-only once the Incident has been saved?
By default, the Incident object has a boolean field called IsNewRecord that can be used to trigger this logic; it is True when the record is created, and set to False as soon as it is saved. To accomplish the requirement, the following configuration can be used:
- Log into the Admin UI
- Select Configure Application
- Select Business Object
- Select Incident
- Select Business Rules
- Expand the Read-Only Rules
- Select Add Read-Only Rule
- Set the Field to ProfileLink (customer)
- Select 'This field is conditionally read only based on an expression'
- For the expression, use: $(!IsNewRecord)