ERROR: A valid gm.ini file could not be found in the specified location. Please browse to the correct location. when installing a GoldMine networked client although the path is reachable and valid
- ERROR: A valid gm.ini file could not be found in the specified location. Please browse to the correct location. when installing a GoldMine networked client although the path is reachable and valid
- The given path is valid and available when opened via the Windows File Explorer, even the GM.INI can be opened and edited.
- While other factors or reason may cause also this message, for example machine is not part of the domain, (LDAP) authentication issues, missing Firewall exceptions etc., the following steps will often lead to a resolving the behavior and let the user successfully install the GoldMine Networked Client.
1. Confirm the message
2. Button Browse
3. Enter (or copy and paste) into the Folder name the desired path >> OK
4. Button Browse again
>> RESULT: Now the Folder path from the shared GoldMine should be available and the sub folders should be visible
5. OK again
6. Next (without any other further action apart from verifying that the original given path including the \gm.ini is correct and complete)
>> RESULT: the Installer Wizard proceeds and finds now the GM.INI on this location
A flash video is also available for review or download at http://www.screencast.com/t/pY7rVaigfAP8