HEAT Discovery - How to enable LanProbe on server operating systems in HEAT Discovery 2016.1.x and older
- By default the LanProbe driver is not bound to the network card by default on server operating systems when the Gateway or Client Agent is installed.
- It may be required to enable this functionality where only LanProbe and Netscan are used to only install the Gateway software on a server.
- To enable the LanProbe binding please perform the following:
1. Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontrange Solutions\InventoryClient\AUDIT\ folder on the desired server
2. Open the client.xml file in notepad
3. Add an new entry under the <at n="Global/Win/i386/Probe/UseProbe" v="Load_Bind"/> entry
4. Add the entry: <at n="Global/Win/i386/Probe/NoBindOnServers" v="0"/>
5. Save the client.xml file
6. Restart the Client Agent service "SaaSDiscoveryClientAgent" on the server and wait about an hour then a LanProbe message will automatically be returned.
NOTE: in 2016.2.1 and later versions it is possible to enable LANProbe on a server by using the quick action on the CI workspace while viewing that server's record.
That action will Update the UseProbe value to "Load_Bind" and the other tag <at n="Global/Win/i386/Probe/NoBindOnServers" v="0"/> will appear in the ,<nlist ...>line below.