Additional Contacts are not available, when looking at My Contacts, Groups or Filters in GoldMine Mobile Edition (GMME)

Version 1

Details

Additional Contacts are not available, when looking at My Contacts, Groups or Filters in GoldMine Mobile Edition (GMME)

[PRE-REQUISITES]

- GMME installed and configured properly for a Test user (here MASTER)
    - in GMME >> More >> Settings >> Contact >> at the bottom there Contact List setting >> make sure Include additional contacts in contact lists is set to ON

- Demo database (without any customizations, just the fresh demo database)
    >> as this is a fresh demo database there should be an additional contact Morty Catrisson on Art Bardtoll's record
    >> Art Bardtoll is a member of the contact group Customers

[STEPS TO PREPARE]

1. with master rights
    2. browse to Art Bardtoll
    3. Edit >> Record Properties >> Record-related Settings
    4. Tab Ownership
    5. set Ownership to MASTER
    6. OK

if the Filter scenario shall be tested a (public) or testing user filter should be created
    1. Tools >> Filters
    2. Button >> New
    a. Filter Name = All CA contacts
    b. on Build tab >> select Field name=State; Operator=Equal to; Value=CA >> Insert Condition
    c. OK

[STEPS TO REPRODUCE - My Contacts]

1. log into GMME as MASTER
    2. Contacts
    3. My Contacts
    >> you should see Art Bardtoll on the list
    4. is Morty Catrisson available?
    >> RESULT1

5. go back to Contacts
    6. All Contacts
    7. on the demo database you should be able to see Morty Catrisson's record if not search for it
    >> RESULT2

[STEPS TO REPRODUCE - Groups]
    2. Contacts
    3. Groups
    4. Select Group Customers
    5. is Morty Catrisson available?
    >> RESULT3

[STEPS TO REPRODUCE - Filters]
    2. Contacts
    3. Filters
    4. Select Filter All CA contacts
    5. is Morty Catrisson available?
    >> RESULT4

[ACTUAL RESULT]
    RESULT1: Morty Catrisson is  not available in the list >> When drilling down into Art Bardtoll's record and scrolling down to additional contacts he will be available, but not in the My Contacts list
    RESULT2: Morty Catrisson is available in the list which is expected
    RESULT 3:  Morty Catrisson is  not available in the list >> When drilling down into Art  Bardtoll's record and scrolling down to additional contacts he will be  available
    RESULT 4:  Morty Catrisson is  not available in the list >> When drilling down into Art  Bardtoll's record and scrolling down to additional contacts he will be  available

View Morty Catrisson as an Additional Contact when drilling down into Art Bardtoll

Resolution

[REASON]
    - this is intended behavior of GMME and is identical how the data is presented within GoldMine for Contact Groups and Filters
    - My Contacts is considered in GMME as a pre-defined Filter for records owned by the user or a user group the user is a member of

- within GoldMine for Contact Groups
    1. Tools >> Groups
    2. if applicable select the appropriate user from the View Groups drop down
    3. Highlight the Group Customers
    >> in the lower pane with the Members the additional contacts are also not shown but only the primary contacts
    >> when activating the Group the user can also only review the primary contacts and if necessary drill down on a contact record into the Additional Contacts tab

- within GoldMine for Contact Filters
    1. Tools >> Filter
    2. if applicable select the appropriate user from the View Filters drop down
    3. Highlight the Filter All CA contacts
    4. tab Preview
    5. button Search All
    >> in the preview pane of contacts matching the set condition the additional contacts are also not shown but only the primary contacts
    >> when activating the Filter the user can also only review the  primary contacts and if necessary drill down on a contact record into  the Additional Contacts tab