1. Verifying that the log-in information for Constant Contact is correct by logging into the Constant Contact web site
2. Within GoldMine
3. Go To > Campaigns > Constant Contact Campaigns
4. Set User Name to valid Constant Contact user name
5. Set password to the valid Constant Contact password
6. Button Log-in
- Within GoldMine a message appears Log-in to Constant Contact failed
- In the local event logs an error from source GoldMine appears Constant Contact Error in Token returned by Constant Contact is null or empty
- Due to a change made by Constant Contact, an additional layer of authentication has been added for Constant Contact log-in which caused the behavior within GoldMine.
- Any versions below GMPE 2014.1.0.468 (Hot fix 4) are affected where GoldMine users want to setup a new Constant Contact connection.
- If Constant Contact connection was already setup before the change the connection will still work until the user performs a logout action from within GoldMine and then want to re-set the login. In this case it will also fail with the above error.
This was logged as RM issue # 220066 - ERROR: Cannot log-in - when trying to log-in to Constant Contact Campaigns in GoldMine - logging in directly to Constant Contact Web Site works fine and GoldMine Development worked closely with Constant Contact to fix this behavior
A. Upgrade to GoldMine Premium Edition 2015.1 and higher
upgrading to GMPE 2015.1 does not require additional steps for the Constant Contact login as RM issue 226720 - Replace Constant Contact dlls so that no workstation needs a separate new installation was addressed in GMPE 2015.1 and higher.
B. Upgrade to any version between GoldMine Premium Edition 2014.1.0.468 Hot fix 4 and GoldMine Premium Edition 2014.2.0.836 Hot fix 4
1. In order to be able to log-in again from GoldMine will require that the GoldMine system is upgraded to GMPE 2014.1.0.468 with certain steps which are described in the Release Notes of GMPE 2014.1 Hot fix 4
Constant Contact Log-in
Due to a change made by Constant Contact, an additional layer of authentication has been added for Constant Contact log-in. If you integrate with Constant Contact and get the error message "Log-in to Constant Contact failed", follow the steps below to correct the issue:
1. Upgrade the GoldMine server
2. On a single workstation, uninstall GoldMine and reinstall the new version.
2a. Follow the normal workstation install process to connect to the existing database.
2b. Other workstations must also be upgraded.
2c. It is only necessary to uninstall/re-install on a single workstation.
3. On the workstation where the uninstall/re-install was done
3a. Go to Constant Contact Campaigns in GoldMine.
3b. Click Configure and enter your Constant Contact username and password and click Log-in.
3c. A second Constant Contact log-in page will appear.
3d. Enter the same credentials as in previous page to complete the log-in process.
Once this process is complete, it will be possible to Download Activity or Refresh Campaigns List from the server or any networked GoldMine client workstation. If Log-out is selected on the Constant Contact page, it will be necessary to Configure again from the workstation where the re-install from step 2 was done.
Keep in mind that usual recommendations for upgrading a GoldMine system need to be considered (for example. making sure to have full running backups of the GoldMine database(s).)
1. Upgrade the GoldMine server as usual when applying a new version/build GoldMine
2. Determine one single networked GoldMine client workstation in your environment where the Constant Contact Log-in will be setup and document this for later use whenever a change or re-setup of Constant Contact Log-in will be necessary
3. On this determined networked GoldMine client workstation uninstall the existing GoldMine client completely via the uninstall programs feature of Windows
3.a. Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features)
3.b. Highlight GoldMine
3.d. In the GoldMine Installation wizard > select Remove and proceed with un-installation of GoldMine
3.e. you may want to verify that the GoldMine folder (default installations on C:\Program Files\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\GoldMine is gone
4. Perform a fresh new install of GMPE 2014.1 Hot fix 4 (build 468) via the Install GoldMine to connect to an existing database (as usual for new networked clients) on the networked GoldMine client workstation
4.a. Start the GMPE 2014.1 Hot fix 4 (build 468) installer
4.b. In the New or Existing Database select the option Install GoldMine to connect to an existing database and enter the path the global GM.INI and DBALIAS.INI
4.c. Proceed with the new installation of the networked client
5. Verify the GoldMine installation and setup and verify the Constant Contact Log-in (please keep in mind that the log-in attempt will still fail on the GoldMine application server or any other networked GoldMine client workstations which were upgraded with GMPE 2014.1 Hot fix 4)
5.a. Go To > Campaigns > Constant Contact Campaigns
5.b. Set User Name to valid Constant Contact user name
5.c. Set password to the valid Constant Contact password
5.d. Button Log-in
5.e A further Authentication Form window will appear where the Constant Contact Log-in needs to be provided again
5.f. You need to approve that GoldMine can access the Constant Contact account
5.e. Verify successful connection to Constant Contact
6. Upgrade the remaining networked GoldMine client workstations as usual. Keep in mind that no further uninstall and re-install is necessary for those networked GoldMine client workstations
7. From now on all GoldMine clients will have access to Constant Contact Campaigns again and can download Campaign Lists or Activities
Note: Whenever a change or log-out of the Constant Contact integration is necessary, keep in mind that this needs to be performed on the determined networked GoldMine client workstation from step 2.