Knowledge base search brings only results the first time it is used - subsequent searches do not bring proper results until a restart of GoldMine

Version 1

Details

Knowledge base search brings only results the first time it is used - subsequent searches do not bring proper results until a restart of GoldMine.

I was searching our GoldMine Knowledge Base using the search facility to  find details of products we have saved in here. This appears to work  fine until it can’t find something. So for example I searched on Open  Office, it brought back all the items for that subject. I then searched  on another word for which it couldn’t find any details for. When I then  entered Open Office again it didn’t bring back anything even though I  know it had previously. The only way to reset this is by logging out and  back in again which I should not have to do.

Resolution

[CAUSE]
    1. Go To > Knowledge Base
    2. Press the Search Button from the Knowledge Base toolbar
    .... recognize that the search scope is Knowledge Base
    3. In the search dialog window, enter your desired search term for Example 'GoldMine' > Search
    Due to the fact that there are results found, a new 'virtual' Book Search Results with folders where the search term was found is created.
    4. Now press the Search Button again
    .... recognize that the search scope is again/still Knowledge Base
    5. In the search dialog window, enter your desired search term for Example 'HEAT' > Search
    As there are no results available on the bottom right you will see a small window Search for Northpole, xx topics searched 0 found and recognize that the 'virtual' Book Search Results vanished from previous search and it's results and recognize that the highlighted book is Personal Base
    6. Close the Search for 'HEAT' window
    7. Now press the Search Button again
    .... recognize that the search scope is now Personal Base and not the Knowledge Base anymore
    8. In the search dialog window, enter your desired search term for Example 'GoldMine' > Search
    As there are no results in the Personal Base available on the bottom right you will see a small window Search for 'GoldMine', x topics searched 0 found

The reason why this happens is that the search scope changed from the Knowledge Base to the Personal Base so the result by itself is correct and from GoldMine's perspective expected.

[WORKAROUND]

1. Go To > Knowledge Base
    2. Before you start any search verify that the Knowledge Base is highlighted
    3. Click the Search button in the toolbar
    4. Enter your search value for Example 'GoldMine' > Search