When doing a search using the search text box:
You may get no return for your search, even though you know that there are valid records.
Example from demo data:
You open the CI object and see listed Workstation1 and US-W01399. You then use the search box do a search for Workstation1 which returns a valid result but, when you do a search for US-W01399 the message occurs that nothing was found.
This could be caused by the Full Text Catalog for the database.
To rebuild the ftCatalog in SQL:
1. Expand the database (HEATSM)
2. Expand Storage
3. Expand Full Text Catalogs
4. Right Click ftCatalog and choose Rebuild
5. When prompted with "Do you want to delete the full-text catalog and rebuild it?" select OK.
6. When this is complete the status will show as Success.