Report editor fails to connect to edit a report: "Connection Failed", and indicates a connection to 10.87.100.131
This error only occurs on reports that have not been published to a tenant, and were created before the report server move (old server 10.87.100.131, new server 10.87.108.3)
Here is the workaround when the Customer opens an old report that was drafted on the old server.
When opening the report from the desktop, they will receive a login screen for the report server:
- Cancel out of authentication screen, select OK when error is thrown.
- The report will open in design mode.
- Expand the Data Sources (file tree on left hand side of screen)
- Right click on SaaSAppModel data source
- Select DataSource properties
- Select the connection that has the new report server ID (10.87.108.3)
- Select "Test Connection"
- After successful connection test, save the report, and the report will run on new report server connection