The Microsoft SQL Server is setup for the Security >> Logins properties to enforce password expiration and the used SQL login for the GoldMine database expired.
This needs to be performed by your IT department or Microsoft SQL DBA. GoldMine Technical Support provides the following information only as is without any warranty of any kind
1. Open the SQL Server Management Studio
2. Log into the appropriate SQL Server / SQL Server instance with appropriate rights via Windows authentication
3. Expand Security >> Logins
4. Right click on the 'xyz' >> Properties
5. Set a new password
7. Close \ Cancel any open GoldMine windows
8. Launch GoldMine
9. Enter GoldMine username \ Password
10. You are prompted for the SQL login details >> Enter the SQL username (xyz) and the new password created and confirmed in step 5.
11. Make sure to check the box to Save password
- Please keep in mind that this change needs to be applied on any contact set database alias where the same SQL login is used. It is recommended to verify/adjust all database aliases within GoldMine
1. Log in with master rights
2. Tools >> Databases >> Alias Manager
3. Via Edit Alias button >> verify/adjust every database alias
- as the experienced behavior will occur again once the SQL login used for GoldMine will expire again, it is recommended to document and discuss with your IT if and when the SQL login expires. You may also want to discuss with your IT if the enforce password expiration for SQL login for GoldMine is necessary.