How to require user input when status is changed to "Waiting for Customer" (7.x)
- Open the Service Management Administrator.
- Open a new Definition Set
- Navigate to Definitions > Expressions.
- Click New, and select Script:
- Name it “Global – Status Changes”, and paste the following OVER the existing code:
class FusionScriptWrapper implements IScriptWrapper
// place constructor logic here
function Process(currentBusinessObject : Fusion.Api.BusinessObject, currentField : Fusion.Api.Field) : Object
var objReturn : Object = false;
var fldStatus: Fusion.Api.Field = currentBusinessObject.GetField("Status");
if ((fldStatus != null) && (fldStatus.OldValue != null) && (fldStatus.OldValue != fldStatus.Value))
objReturn = true;
- Click OK. Close the Expressions window, and Commit.
- Make a new Business Rule on Incident:
- Under Trigger Options, create a new trigger:
- Finish, and click OK. Go to QuickAction Options, and create a new QuickAction:
- Click New.
- Select Create Child Record.
- Set it to use “Notes (Incident and Activity History)”
- Set the following values:
Subject: Changed Status to Waiting
- Select “Notes”, and click
- Select Function, Prompt, and User prompt. Drag that over to the edit area
- Complete the dialogue box as appropriate:
- Click OK until you are back to the business rule center. Close the business rule center.
When Status is changed to Waiting for Customer, the user will be prompted for the reason: