- A user ran a very LARGE date range on a Dashboard and then closed GoldMine, now every time the user opens GoldMine or the Dashboard area it seems to be stuck trying to load the last dashboard that was opened.
- GoldMine stores the last used Dashboard on a user basis and where and what the setting would be for the last dashboard opened by a user?
GoldMine stores the last used Dashboard per user, so when opening the Dashboard area GoldMine will try to load the last used dashboard again, which may lead to a long delay or maybe even to errors when the system resources are not sufficient (for example Activity dashboard on a database with about 750 thousand history records. This specific performance issue is logged as RM # 158934
A. In cases where the last used dashboard loads eventually the user should manually select within GoldMine a different dashboard
B. In cases where GoldMine will fail to load the dashboard and end in a application error the only way to reset the last used dashboard is via the below SQL Query which needs to be applied on the SQL Server Management Studio on the GoldMine database
- Open the the SQL Server Management Studio
1. Browse to the GoldMine database
2. Button New Query
3. Make sure that the database drop down is set to the GoldMine database, if not already set
4. Copy and paste and adjust the following queries into the query pane
Delete from Environment where NAME='DashContainer' and USERID='MASTER' (replace with specific GoldMine Username)'
While technically not necessary, it is recommended also to delete any related Hash values for dashboards
Delete from Environment where NAME like 'Dash-%' and USERID='MASTER' (replace with specific GoldMine username
5. Execute the query
6. Verify the result in GoldMine for the specific user and the Dashboard feature should open without any dashboard loaded
- Please keep in mind that after selecting a certain dashboard again the setting will be stored in the Environment table again, so that the above query needs to be run again for the certain user in case the 'failing'/'problematic' dashboard was selected again.
- SQL DBAs may consider to create a trigger for constantly to delete the row for a user so that it will always reset the last used dashboard. GoldMine Technical Support cannot assist in creating and / or troubleshooting such a trigger.