The usual path of the SYSDIR entry in a GM.INI is the shared path to the GoldMine system (where the LicenseGMxx.bin resides)
It may occur - root causes are not yet determined, but sometimes recognized after unexpected power failures or when the machine was powered off without appropriately shut down, that the SYSDIR entry is modified and shows different paths, GoldMine Usernames or completely unrelated or random values.
- The change that occurred was a directory being appended to the end of the SYSDIR entry
When GoldMine is then started the next time it may request
- Either to select the a database alias
- And/or to re-register GoldMine again with the license number
- And/or simply to fail not finding a license for the GoldMine system
- When this occurs, the ONLY recommended solution is to edit the GM.INI file using Notepad.exe and correct the SYSDIR entry.