Universal Search causing GoldMine to crash with the corresponding error: "GoldMine encountered an error accessing the database" followed by a long SQL query
For Example :The below screen shot is an example of what is seen before GoldMine crashes:
1. Log into GoldMine on the affected workstation as the affected user
2. Go To > Search > Universal Search
3. Check the "Advanced" check box
4. Click the "Options" button > "Documents" tab
5. Uncheck "Include items from Windows Index" > OK
*NOTE: The above resolution steps are a temporary fix for the error and GoldMine crash, further investigation might be necessary if you require universal search to have access to the windows Index.*
The following excerpt is taken from the Help File on the above setting:
Include items from local Windows index.
Click this checkbox to search documents using the local Windows Desktop Search index.
2. "Include all indexed locations"
Click this checkbox to search in all locations which are defined in Control Panel > Indexing Options.
In this case the check boxes are disabled, but if Local and UNC Paths is checked the Add, Edit and Delete buttons remain active.
3. "Include Microsoft Office Outlook (available on Vista only)"
Click this checkbox to search information in the MS Outlook. To pickup Outlook mail, the messages need to be cached locally (for example, in a .pst, or .ost file).
4."Local or UNC path"
Click this checkbox to add, modify or remove user specified search folders. To add a new path, click Add and select the path. To edit an existing path, select the path and click Edit. To delete an existing path, select the path and click Delete.