GoldMine Web (GMWEB) - How and why to sign out from GoldMine Web appropriately?
- When the user simply closes the browser window when being logged into GoldMine Web the current session is still active and therefore also lock further the user's GoldMine license. The web server's resources and the user's GoldMine license may then be released and freed only when the current web session finally times out.
- For this reason it is absolutely recommended to log off, sign out or close the GoldMine Web session appropriately
Please review also several related articles for further information regarding session timeout, idle time and forced logout related to GoldMine Web.
#20437 : GoldMine Web (GMWEB) - Is the Forced Logout setting in GoldMine Premium Edition also respected in GoldMine Web and GoldMine Mobile?
#20438 : GoldMine Web (GMWEB) - How to set the session timeout for GoldMine Web?
#19962 : The sessionState timeout setting in GoldMine Connect's Web.Config file is not respected and users need to re-login to GoldMine Web (GMWEB) / GoldMine Mobile (GMME) after 20 minutes
#16881 : GoldMine Web (GMWEB) - 'Unable to login. All GoldMine licenses are already in use' message when an undocked user tries to log into GoldMine Web
- Regardless on which GoldMine Web related page the user is and on which device or browser GoldMine Web is currently opened, the sign out feature is always available from the GoldMine Web pages CONTACTS, ACTIVITIES, OPPORTUNITIES on the drop-down for the username at the top right
- The sign out feature is not available on the menu / action overlay page as
a. This is literally only an overlay page and needs to be activated by the user and
b. On the menu / overlay action page a user initiates an action related to the GoldMine data and not related to the user and
c. The action overlay page must be explicitly opened and therefore considered to require and additional step / move in order to sign out from Goldmine Web.
A. On any of the pages CONTACTS, ACTIVITIES, OPPORTUNITIES regardless if on the main page or drilling down into is the specific record
1. Tap / Click on the username at the top right
2. Tap / Click on the upcoming Sign out entry
B. When having opened the activity overlay page via the button left from the username
1. Tap / Click on the close X at the top right for the overlay page or alternatively select CONTACTS, ACTIVITIES, OPPORTUNITIES from the menu/action overlay
2. Tap / Click on the username at the top right
3. Tap / Click on the upcoming Sign out entry