Want to move GoldMine to another server, not SQL just the GoldMine files and folders to another server. How do I do this?

Version 1

Details

Want to move GoldMine to another server, not SQL just the GoldMine files and folders to another server. How do I do this?

Resolution

NOTE:   These instructions are generic, and are provided for example only and may not work for all deployments of GoldMine.  As such these are provided "AS IS" only, as modification to these instructions may be needed before they can be used.   Further, the GoldMine Support Team does not provide custom migration instructions for specific deployments or situations.  On New server: 1)    Install GMPE in the same drive letter and path as the old server (if possible)  2)    From your GoldMine’s production environment copy the following files and folders and paste these on your new server’s GMPE  installation  a.   FOLDERS: Please note that some of these folders might not exist if you do not use the specific feature associated with the folder.                                           i.    \Docs                                         ii.    \Reports                                       iii.    \Templates                                        iv.    \Mailbox                                           v.    \TMPLinks                                        vi.    \Macros                                        vii.    \Sync                                      viii.    \Setup\  b.   FILES:  Please note that some of these files might not exist if you do not use the specific feature associated with the file.  All located at the root of GoldMine Folder                                           i.    username.ini - Example, your user name is Steve, the file will be Steve.ini.                                         ii.    username.tbi - Example, your user name is Steve, the file will be Steve.tbi.                                          iii.    GM.ini – edit to reflect new server names for GM                                        iv.    Lookup.ini  3)    Log into GM  4)    Run Maintenance.  a.   run Re-index only on all database files  b.   run Rebuild and pack on all database files only on GMPE 2013  5)    Verify data integrity.  IMPORTANT NOTE:  Since you are changing the paths of where the Mailbox attachments will be located, you may use the linked docs mover in GoldMine (Tools>>Databases>>Data management>>Linked docs mover) or you may find it easier to run SQL scripts on the following tables to move the locations to the new server path:  -- E-mail Attachments for GoldMine  UPDATE MAILBOX  -- Linked Documents  UPDATE CONTSUPP  -- Word Templates  UPDATE FORMS  -- Reports  UPDATE REPORT32  -- Knowledge Base documents  UPDATE INFOMINE