Do you have to “turn on something first” before beginning to develop changes in your development  environment prior to creating a package or project?

Version 1

Details

Do you have to “turn on something first” before beginning to develop changes in your development  environment prior to creating a package or project? Or does the system monitor your behavior so if you forget, you simply have to select something from a list of changes? Reason I’m asking I’ve already made changes to a development system for cloud customer, that they want moved to production. How do I figure out what I did and only move those changes? Or do I start over?

Resolution

Every change you ever make will always be tracked in a project. If you forgot to pick a project, it will be tracked in a project called Default. If you later switch to a different project, and forget to change, the changes you make will be stored in that project (which is why we have separate projects and packages, this happens).

If you open a project, you will see transaction sets and transaction details. If you open the transaction details, you can see the actual changes made. This can help you identify which transaction sets you want to include in your package. You can now also move transaction sets between projects, so if you start a new project and forget to select it, you can quickly move the transaction sets over when you remember. This is pretty easy to move to the right project, just by looking at the dates on the transaction sets.