IDispatch Error #31837 when trying to run a crystal report from within GoldMine
The error message occurs because a File DSN or User DSN exists with the same name as the System DSN used by the report.
To resolve the error message
- Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC) on the machine running the Crystal Report.
- The ODBC Data Source Administrator dialog box appears.
- Click the File DSN tab and User DSN tab to locate the File DSN or User DSN with the same name as the System DSN used by the report.
- Delete that File DSN or User DSN.
Note: If you are running a 64bit operating system please review knowledge-base article #13233
Also verify the computer running the report has the correct ODBC connections setup in GoldMine.
- In GoldMine, under the reports section, right click on Crystal reports
- Setup ODBC Connection
- Verify that the correct ODBC connection is set to the GoldMine databases