GoldMine Premium Installation seems to hang with no real Status message in the middle of the installation process (usually after creating the GoldMine Desktop icon)
1. Start the GMSetup.exe
2. Proceed through the installation Wizard as desired
3. Button Install
4. Observe the installation process
-The installation process seems to hang after creating the GoldMine icon on the desktop (Creating shortcuts), Writing system registry values, writing INI file values and Updating Environment settings, Registering Product, Publishing product features.
- Regardless how long one wait (actually it depends how long the Automatic Maintenance of the Windows Operating system will still run), the progress bar seems not to proceed anymore.
- In the area where information is usually provided on what the installer is currently doing, like searching registry, copying new files, there is no information at all provided >> only stated Status and the progress bar at about 75%
- The Windows Maintenance is in progress and slowing down and preventing the GoldMine installation from moving on
The following steps are from a Windows Server 2012 R2 environment and may differ on other environments, please consult the specific Operating System's Help for turning off and - strongly recommended - to turn the feature on again after the GoldMine Premium installation
1. Click on the icon on the Windows Notification bar
2. Open the Action Center
(Alternatively enter into the address bar of Windows File explorer window >> Control Panel\System and Security\Action Center)
3. Open the Maintenance section
4. In the section Automatic Maintenance >> Select Stop Maintenance
5. In the Action Center the entries in the Automatic Maintenance will change to Start Maintenance and Change Maintenance settings
and in the Windows Notification bar the icon will change to a normal flag symbol again
6. Once the Windows Maintenance feature is stopped the installation of GoldMine will proceed further and usually finish almost immediately
7. Once the GoldMine installation is finished it is absolutely recommended to turn on the Automatic Maintenance again by selecting the Start Maintenance in the Action Center >> Maintenance >> Automatic Maintenance section as shown on screenshot in step 5.