- Cannot create new folder or page at the book level in the main GoldMine Knowledge-base - Users can create new pages on existing sub-folders just not at the book level of a specific book.
Missing Book level record in the INFOMINE table
- Recreate the missing book Level record
- This process modified the back-end SQL database. We recommend that you consult a GoldMine Partner if you need assistance in this process.
- A complete full running backup of the GoldMine database is absolutely recommended
- This process is NOT sync aware, if you have syncing machines, this process will need to be performed on every GoldMine Install.
1. Log all users out of GoldMine except a MASTER user
2. Open the Knowledge Base
3. Create a new Book Under the tree folder where the corrupt book is situated and call it TEMP
4. Log out of GoldMine
5. Open SQL Server Management studio
6. Run the below query to update this newly created folder with the name of your Corrupt book
-- In this Example query we will assume that your corrupt folder is called SUPPORT
SET U_TSECTION = 'SUPPORT' -- where SUPPORT is the name of your corrupt book
WHERE U_TSECTION = 'TEMP' -- where TEMP is the name of the newly created temporary Book
SET TSECTION = 'SUPPORT' -- where SUPPORT is the name of your corrupt book
WHERE TSECTION = 'TEMP' -- where TEMP is the name of the newly created temporary Book
7. Log into GoldMine to verify the issue is resolved.
NOTE: If the corruption extends to the folder level then you can use the following work-a-round
8. Open the Knowledge Base
9. Under the newly create Book, create a new folder with the same name as the existing folder (a duplicate folder name)
10. Drag the Pages from the corrupt folder to the new folder
11. Log out of GoldMine and back in again
12. Open the Knowledge Base
13. Open the Book
14. You should now see just the one folder that you can add new entries too.