GoldMine 2014.2 Hotfix 1 Release Notes
Version 2014.2 Hotfix 1
GoldMine Premium 2014.2.0.812 / GoldMine Connect 2014.2.0.531
Updated January 8, 2015
Note: To upgrade GoldMine Connect, it is necessary to uninstall any existing version of GoldMine Mobile or GoldMine Connect and install GoldMine Connect 2014.2.0.531 as a new installation. It may also be necessary to clear device/browser cache.
What's New in GoldMine 2014.2 Hotfix 1
Users of GoldMine Web can complete an unscheduled activity from the contact list or contact record. A Create History (checkmark) icon is available with the Schedule and Forecast Sale icons. This allows a user to add a completed Call, Action, or Event directly to History without first scheduling the activity.
What's New in GoldMine 2014.2
Access GoldMine data in real time via a web browser with GoldMine Web. GoldMine Web provides basic contact management functionality and a new user interface. No local installation and no additional license are required for GoldMine Web. A concurrent GoldMine Premium license is used by each active GoldMine Web session.
Contacts in GoldMine Web
· View and order a list of contact records
· Search for desired contacts by Contact or Company
· Create new Contact records
· Drill down on a selected Contact to view, add, or update:
o Basic primary field data
o Custom screens field data
o Additional Contacts
Activities in GoldMine Web
· View and edit History activities from the Contact record
· View, schedule, edit and complete Pending activities from the Contact record or the Activities page
· View Pending Activities in a weekly list and graphical calendar
o View activities for yourself or a selected user
o Filter activities by type
· Supported activity types:
§ Actions scheduled in Web appear as Other Actions in GoldMine Premium
§ Actions scheduled in GoldMine Premium as Next Actions retain this activity type if updated in GoldMine Web
§ Events scheduled in GoldMine Web with All Day checked appear as Events in GoldMine Premium
§ Events scheduled in GoldMine Web with a Start and End time appear as Appointments in GoldMine Premium
§ Events and appointments scheduled in GoldMine Premium retain the appropriate activity type if updated in GoldMine Web
o Forecasted Sales
· When viewing timed activities on the Contact Record Pending or History tab or on the Activities list or calendar, the time zone for the local browser is respected. For All Day events or for dates in custom fields, the date from the server is respected.
· The GoldMine Messaging Service can be configured to send activity notifications (alarms) that include a link to open the activity in GoldMine Web or Mobile.
Email in GoldMine Web
· View sent and filed linked History emails from a Contact record
· View and fast file linked Pending emails from a Contact record
· View and fast file linked and unlinked Pending emails from the Activities page
· Select to reply, reply all, or forward an email viewed in GoldMine Web to open the designated email client with a limited amount of the original message available.
· Clicking an email address link in GoldMine Web will open a new message in the user’s designated email client.
· With minimal configuration, a user’s emails can be retrieved into the GoldMine database while the user is logged into GoldMine Web.
What's Changed in GoldMine 2014.2
When completing an activity scheduled for multiple users and selecting the option to complete the activity for ALL users in GoldMine Premium or when completing an activity scheduled for multiple users in GoldMine Mobile or Web, the originally scheduled users are retained in the resulting History items.
A maximum of the previous 20 days of emails can be retrieved into the GoldMine database when logged into GoldMine Mobile or Web when the user’s email settings are configured for IMAP (recommended). To retrieve Inbox emails for more than 20 days, the user can log into GoldMine Premium. It is not possible to retrieve emails from the specified IMAP Sent mailbox in GoldMine Premium.
What's Fixed in GoldMine 2014.2 Hotfix 1
GoldMine Premium 2014.2.0.812 / GoldMine Connect 2014.2.0.531
Major performance issues running any report that runs against conthist
Message regarding Microsoft Office during install updated
security hole with exposing SQL password for GoldMine database in Log files for GMME and Google Apps Sync
security hole when enabling Log files and APILogs for GMME - GoldMine user's password is exposed in plain text
when the original sender has an apostrophe in the friendly name and the e-mail does have several recipients >> when replying to all the CC recipients will be stripped out
GoldMine mobile does not release the license after you log out of GoldMine mobile
Completing a multi-user appointment will complete all appointments against the completing user, this is different to how a single appointment completes and needs to be changed.
Use "EDIT" in a contact record with GoldMine Mobile and select "DONE," GoldMine Mobile removes the values the fields: Key2, Key3, Key4, and Key5
Specific RECIDs of contact records cause GMWEB not to open the Contact from a hyperlink e.f. from an activity in calendar to the contact >> it opens either nothing or instead the contact list
[GMWEB] When using forced valid input for the state fields F2 Lookup entry that contains comments, the entry will not show as valid input in
GMWEB does not display all activities graphical calendar or the Activities list when the user has more than 100 activities scheduled for the displayed activity type
What's Fixed in GoldMine 2014.2
GoldMine Premium 2014.2.0.801 / GoldMine Connect 2014.2.0.520
Cannot unlink an activity from an opportunity, can only change opportunity to which it is linked
Maximum number of licensed users has been reached.
Have a user-defined date field on the top-half of screen in GMPE but when we see it through GMME it looks like this: /Date(1411189200000-500)
Unable to open Outlook when the GoldMine Outlook integration is active and there is no active SQL connection to the GoldMine SQL database.
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS DOCUMENT (I) IS INTENDED FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY; (II) DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND, OR EXTEND THE TERMS OF ANY EXISTING WARRANTY; AND (III) DOES NOT ALTER OR AMEND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENTS UNDER WHICH FRONTRANGE SOLUTIONS SOFTWARE PRODUCTS ARE LICENSED.