We need to find out how to reopen a Incident or Service Request via Self-service. If the user is not agreeable to the Fulfilled or Resolved status then the user should be able to reopen the case.
First, create a Quick Action for Incident that sets the Status to Active. You will need to ensure that the 'Auto-Save' checkbox is enabled.
- Log into the Admin role
- Select the Incident Workspace
- Select Action Menu -> Edit Actions
- Select Create New Actions
- Select Update Action
- Choose a Name (Reopen Incident)
- Select Field Name = Status
- Select Field Value = Active
- Check Auto-Save on the right
- Save the QA
- Select Configure Application
- Select Business Objects
- Select Incident
- Select Forms
- Select Incident.Webselfservice.Edit
- On the left, expand the Other folder
- Highlight the Command Button and drag it onto the form where desired (for example next to 'Close Incident')
- Highlight the new button and modify the values in the left panel;
- For Action, select Reopen Incident (or the name given to the quick action created in the first step)
- In the Image line, you can select an icon for the button
- Change the Label to 'Reopen Incident' (or set as desired)
- Set the Visible Expression to $(Status == "Resolved")
- Set the Width as desired (If your button is labelled 'Reopen Incident', then 11 is a good size)
- Save the Form
Now, when you open a Resolved Incident in My Items, you should see this button, which will allow you to reopen the Incident. Depending on your existing processes, it may produce a prompt to give a reason (this is "out of the box" behavior).
You can also add a notification to the Owner of the Incident in the first section if desired, by making the quick action a Composite action and adding an email portion.