How do I get the ADFS/SAML Certificate the External Auth ADFS section is asking for?
I am not sure where the Certificate is and what format it should be.
These are very ‘basic’ instructions.
How you actually do this, where the Certificate is and other factors may be different based on your ADFS/SAML server version and setup.
These work for current versions of Windows ADFS/SAML as of 2014-2016.
To Export a Token Signing Certificate:
NOTE: Verify that the user account that is performing this procedure is a member of the Administrators group on the local computer. For additional information about accounts and group memberships, see Default local groups in the ADFS Server Help
1. On the AD FS server, open the Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) 2.0 Management console.
2. In the navigation pane, expand Service, and then click the Certificates folder.
3. Under Token signing, click the primary token certificate as indicated in the Primary column.
4. In the right pane, click View Certificate link. This displays the properties of the certificate.
5. Click the Details tab.
6. Click Copy to File.. This starts the Certificate Export Wizard.
7. On the Welcome to the Certificate Export Wizard page, click Next.
8. On the Export Private Key page, click No, do not export the private key, and then click Next.
9. On the Export File Format page, select DER encoded binary X.509 (.CER), and then click Next.
10. On the File to Export page, type the name and location of the file that you want to export, and then click Next. For example, enter C:\ADFS.cer.
11. On the Completing the Certificate Export Wizard page, click Finish.