1. Click on Start, type the following command in the search box, and then hit the Enter
This command will open the folder that Windows has designated as the Temporary
folder. These are folders and files that Windows needed at one time but are no longer
useful. Everything in this folder is safe to delete.
2. Click on the Organize button and then choose Select All from the menu.
Note: If you're prompted that there are hidden files in this folder, just click on OK to
bypass the message. A few hidden files hanging out in the Temp folder probably aren't
important enough to worry about.
3. Again, to delete these items, hit your Delete key or click the Organize button on the
toolbar menu, followed by the Delete option.
You will probably be prompted again to confirm that you wish to Delete Multiple Items.
Click on Yes to confirm.
4. After all of the files have been deleted you can close the folder window and empty your
Recycle Bin, permanently removing the files from your PC.
1. You may receive an Error Deleting File or Folder message while the files are being
deleted. This just means that one of the files is in use by a program right now.
Click OK, close all open programs, and repeat the steps above. If you still receive the message, try
restarting your PC and repeating the process again.
** Sometimes this error will occur due to file block settings. If the items in this resolution do not resolve the problem, see article 26642 on Excel File Block Settings