ModBy/ModDate/ModTime Fields not Working after Upgrade to 9.X.
These fields worked properly in a previous version, but after upgrading the DB, the fields no longer update when alterations are made to the Profile record.
CauseThere is an issue with the new Modification Tracking option that causes previous instances of the ModBy/ModDate/ModTime fields to become inoperable.
1. In a new Edit Set, go to the Profile table and add duplicates of the ModBy/ModDate/ModTime fields as same format and size and commit. Name these fields ModBy2, ModDate2 and ModTime2.
2. Run the Following scripts to migrate the data. This allows us to keep the previous modification information for each Profile record.
UPDATE Profile SET ModBy2 = ModBy
UPDATE Profile SET ModDate2 = Moddate
UPDATE Profile SET ModTime2 = Modtime
3. In a new Edit Set, go to the Profile table and delete the original ModBy/ModDate/ModTime fields from the table(s) and the form(s) and commit.
4. In a new Edit Set, go to the Profile table and click the Modification Tracking Enabled option. You will get the following message, clickOK.
"Enabling modifications tracking will add special ModBy, ModDate and ModTime fields to this table. Proceed?"
5. Re-Add these new ModBy/ModDate/ModTime fields back to the Profile Form(s) and commit the Edit Set.
6. Migrate the data back to the ModBy/ModDate/ModTime fields from the duplicated fields using the following scripts:
UPDATE Profile SET ModBy = ModBy2
UPDATE Profile SET ModDate = ModDate2
UPDATE Profile SET ModTime = ModTime2
7. Test the fields functionality in Call Logging by modifying a Profile record.
8. In a new Edit Set delete the duplicated ModBy2/ModDate2/ModTime2 fields from the Profile and commit.