Is it possible to default the ODBC connection and credentials via Registry key export/import?
NOTE: Before touching the Registry, be sure to have a complete backup, as this is just a guide and if the Registry is corrupted for any reason FrontRange Solutions will not be able to repair the machine. This is a "use at your own risk" guideline.
1. On the Administrator’s machine, manually create the correct ODBC connection using the proper credentials.
2. This will create the following Registry key entry which should be exported. Example Name: ODBCINI.reg:
3. Launch Call Logging and select this new ODBC data source.
4. When prompted to use these credentials in the future click Yes.
5. This will create the following Registry key which should be exported. Example Name: Default DB Creds.reg.
6. Login to Call Logging and select Edit>> User Preferences>> Location tab and enter this ODBC connection as the Default. This will create the following Registry key which should be exported. Example Name: Default ODBC.reg
7. You can now take these three exported Registry files, integrate them in the following order in a login script and all users should be able to connect with no user input other than their HEAT LoginID.
b. Default DB Creds.reg.
c. Default ODBC.reg
Cautions on this process:
1. This assumes that each end user machine already has proper ODBC drivers installed.
2. This process also assumes each end user machine is 64 bit.
3. The importing of the ODBCINI will overwrite the existing machine’s configured ODBC data sources. So, if an end user already has other ODBC connections built that cannot be lost, then this process should not use the importing of the ODBCINI registry key.